The term Coronavirus has derived from a Latin word Corona, which means crown. Under an electronic microscope, this virus resembles the solar corona.
It is a disease that is being circulated in mammals including birds and even humans! According to research, MERS-CoV is transmitted from a type of camel to humans and SARS-CoV is transmitted from a branch of cats to humans.
In humans, coronavirus causes cold along with with a few major symptoms like Pneumonia, breathing problems, cough, fever, headache, and sore throat. It spreads in among humans like other viruses do i.e either by coughing, sneezing or touching infected people.
Although this disease is not so dangerous if it is not treated properly, it can be lethal. In severe cases of coronavirus, it can affect your respiratory system, lungs and even brain causing death.
Type MERS doesn’t spread so widely but is more deadly as compared to SARS. Most cases of Coronavirus are reported in China. There is no vaccine for this newly discovered virus, however according to a report; China is preparing a vaccine to cure this disease, which might take almost 3 months.
Till vaccine is under process, what can you do to keep yourself safe?
– Wash your hands very properly before you eat.
– Cover your hands while touching affected people.
– Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and make sure you wash your hands after it.
– Avoid going to places like live animal farms, such places are at high-risk.
– Make sure that animal products you are consuming are not undercooked. The meat or milk should be well cooked before you consume it to avoid cross-contamination.
Stay safe everyone!